Tuesday, February 26, 2013

look at that belly!

This week has been the week filled with many looks of shock in my direction. Sadly, its not because I'm so ridiculously good looking.

Once they get over the shock, they say things like "Oh! You totally look pregnant today!"

So in response, I rub my belly, take another bite of my pizza slice and reply with, "Yes, yes I am. It's actually a baby causing that belly, not me just piling on pounds right before your very eyes!" Or maybe I am...but (taking a line from my favorite trashy reality show) its for the right reasons. I swear!

In all reality, of course it's exciting to have people recognizing I'm pregnant. As I told some of my gf's, pregnancy is like being a part of the cool crowd in high school. You want everyone in it to know you're a part of it. You are one of them.  I've spent the last 5 months crazily winking at other preggo's only to have them pick up their stuff and slowly side step away from me. I've constantly had to resist the urge to run after ladies carrying a heavy front load and yell, "I'm one of you TOO!" and then bombard them with zillions of questions and talk to them about my pregnancy. I've never done that though, because that would be creepy. I didn't look pregnant. But now that I look like one of them, it will totally be acceptable. Right?

Either way, I leave you with a snapshot of week 20:


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis