Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Product Love

In honor of V-Day, I thought I'd spotlight some products I've been loving so far in my pregnancy. The first thing I turned to when I found out I was carrying a bundle of joy, was books. I love to read. So it was only natural for me to turn to books; after google freaked me out enough to send me into tears and thinking of jumping off a building. I kid, I kid. But you get the point. Google can be cray cray.

The first two books, a recent preggo friend of mine, Laura, sent to me and I can't thank her enough. The Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy saved my sanity during the treacherous weeks of the first trimester and into the second. In fact, it is still my BFF when I'm having doubts or anything weird happens. As my friend Laura suggested: turn to it before you ever turn to Google. And boy was she ever right.

The next book she sent was called Baby Bargains. It goes through and gives ratings of popular products on a grading scale. Its very easy to read and so organized. It also helps me overcome the panicky sweats that tend to start up as soon as I start thinking about the baby and the products and the safety and ohmygod how am I ever going to keep this child alive?! My copy is dog eared, underlined, starred, and highlighted all over and I've owned it for two months.

The last book I've read is The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. This was given to me by a coworker who just had her own little precious. This book isn't one of those cheesy books where you sit and think, who the hell are these people?! I'd never be friends with them! Instead, I was instantly drawn to her sarcastic, hilarious honesty. It truly is like having that girlfriend who tells you everything and I mean everything normal people don't want to talk about when it comes to pregnancy and all its gory details. All of which of course, my inquiring, terrified mind wants to know.

Finally, a product a coworker recommended to me, Clarins Tonic Oil. Now this, I cannot totally attest to as I'm not that far along and I'm clearly not that big yet. BUT, my coworker Sally is about 5'3", maybe 110 pounds soaking wet and she carried triplets. TRIPLETS! Three little babes in her belly.  How on earth those little darlings ever made room in her tiny belly is beyond me, but they did. And would you believe, she has NO stretch marks. Not one. Go ahead and think it: bitch. (She's actually quite fantastic and hilarious and awesome, but go ahead and hate her- just a little). Sally swore by this product and as soon as I heard she had no stretch marks I ran (lets be honest, hopped in my husbands car) to the nearest Macy's and picked up a $50 bottle. I've been using it every day since and so far have no stretch marks. To me, its worth the money to put me in the mindset that I will not get stretch marks. It also smells awesome and leaves my skin feeling soft.
**Disclaimer: stretch marks are said to be hereditary. Who knows what to believe. I'm believing in this stuff and if it doesn't work, eh, I tried.**

So far, thats it on the recommendations. If you find yourself newly knocked up, I hope this gives you some ideas. Or if you have a friend that has just come out of the closet as a new mom, hook her up with one of these books! You'll look like a fab, knowledgeable friend.

Happy Valentines Day to all you sweeties, lover bunnies, and sugar pies out there!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis