Tuesday, February 19, 2013

On the Move!

Baby B is officially on the move! For the last two weeks I've been feeling "hints" of movements, as I have mentioned on here from time to time. I continued to secretly get excited, but didn't want to exactly scream it from the mountain tops as I wasn't quite sure if it was just gas. How embarrassing would that be? "My baby just moved, I swear it moved! Nope, wait, it was just an after dinner fart working its way out." Yep, I just wrote the word "fart" on my blog. I went there.

Anyways, after feeling the same movements over and over again, I began to pick up on times it would happen and how they felt. I've had a very hard time describing these movements to A, much to his frustration. His frustration also stems from the fact that he has yet to feel them. They're still quite sporadic and Baby B seems to sense the second you put your hand on my belly and stop moving. It even does it to me. Such a little brat and so our child.

However, today, it happened over and over again throughout the day. Let me tell you how difficult it was not to bring it up in front of the kiddos (which would have thereby invited 21 curious pairs of hands onto my belly). While reading aloud this afternoon, I started to feel actual motions like a kick or a punch. I couldn't help but smile to myself and be proud that it was most active during a time I was reading out loud. But lets be honest, Baby B was probably moving due to the way I was sitting, stuffed into my pants and pissed off that its living space was cramped as I still try to squeeeze into my normal skinny pants. Those days are quickly going bye bye.

In other news, A and I spent the day thrifting on Sunday looking for a gem to add to the nursery. We already picked up a dresser, but I wanted something with storage underneath it to use as the changing table. After looking all day, we came upon a wholesale furniture warehouse by our house and decided to stop by. This place was HUGE and the pieces were all unique and very well-built. We found piece after piece that we liked, until we came upon this beauty.
Excuse the poor photo image. This was taken at the warehouse by an excited daddy to be. Notice the boss in charge, leaning on the dresser. 

We're in love. I think it will work perfect as a changing table/storage piece for Baby B. Our all day shopping adventure also sparked some ideas for how to refinish the $30 dresser I scored a few months ago. Stay tuned for the progress on that piece!

Have a great week!

xo,

2 comments:

  1. No crazy man trying to run after you claiming it's theirs??
    Looks good!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha no! Thankfully it was allll ours. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis