Monday, February 4, 2013

Hey Baby B, Whats your Load Size??

This weekend, A and I were with a couple friend of ours, Jamee and Dan. Jamee is one of my nearest and dearest friends who also stood up with us in our wedding in October. Since Jamee hasn't done enough for A and I in the last year, she's also going to be throwing a baby shower for me in Chicago along with another nearest and dearest of mine, Lindsay (also a bridesmaid). I'll owe these ladies my second born child at the rate I'm going.

Jamee, Dan, A and I got to talking about the baby shower when Jamee brought up the idea of a Diaper Shower for A. Diaper showers are something where A and all his beer guzzling buddies get together and drink all they can in a last hurrah- or in our case- an extension of his bachelor party. The only catch is, every attendee has to bring a package of diapers for Baby B.

Great idea, right? Dan and A were excitedly talking about how fun it could be when A got serious and asked how we could make sure Baby B didn't get all one kind of diaper. And this is when he dropped the best soon to be dad bomb I've heard to date:

"So, do I ask the guys to bring different load size diapers?" A asked in wonder. "They come in load sizes, right?"

To which all of us burst into laughter at. I love my husband. But I also love when I get to make fun of him.

LOAD SIZES!?! So, what do you think is going to happen? Newborn Baby B's gonna shoot you a wink and say, "Hey dad, after the amount of breast milk I had for dinner, I can feel a real BIG load comin' on tonight. Better diaper me up accordingly."

Oh my word I am dying laughing even as I type this. Hilarious. And oh, so innocent at the same time. After we stopped crying laughing we were able to explain that diapers come in baby age sizes, not load sizes. Phew. I'm so glad we had that conversation before A went on his first diaper buying adventure. I can just picture it now.

"Excuse me, ma'am, what load sizes do you carry in diapers here?"

xo,

2 comments:

  1. The first diaper blowout is going to be epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That conversation was seriously priceless! Your husband is one of a kind, that is for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis