Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sheeeedds!

My sister Caitlin's boyfriend has a fascination with Shedd's Aquarium. He LOVES it. Every time he comes to visit us, he talks about going. He wants to get married there, and we've even attempted to go once, but were faced with a 3 hour line. Shedd's has become kind of an inside joke for all of us.

So when I found out we were going to Shedd's on a field trip, I knew just the person who would be insanely jealous of my trip. In order to make him feel better, I tried to capture lots of aquatic pictures while we were there. That was the fun part of my day. And here's some that I captured.





Pretty, right? It really is a very cool place. And while I was there, I couldn't help but put myself a year ahead from now and imagine bringing our own child to visit the fishies and the dolphins.

Rewind to the present and there I was faced with six curious, energetic little 7 and 8 year olds, beyond ecstatic to be out of the classroom for a day and exploring Shedds. Honestly, they were amazing and too cute for words. Its a fun experience to be able to get to know some of your students in a smaller group, outside of the school setting. You get a peek into their minds and what they think outside of math and science.

But their energy. OMG their energy. We were only there for four hours and by the end of the day, I felt like I ran a marathon! Their minds just move so fast and so do their legs. They're all over the place at one time excited to see new things. It certainly was a glimpse into having my own 7 year old one day and honestly, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis